The postponed El Clasico between Barcelona and Real Madrid will now be played on December 18 despite opposition from La Liga, the Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) confirmed on Wednesday.
Spain’s most prestigious fixture, which was due to take place at Camp Nou on Saturday, was postponed last week because of violent pro-independence protests in Catalonia.
La Liga had proposed December 4 or 7 and have said they are considering an appeal.
“The league does not agree with the decision,” La Liga said in a statement.
“It is studying the documentation to decide whether to appeal, against whom and before what bodies.”
An earlier statement from the RFEF read: “The decision of the Competition Committee has taken place after analysing in recent days the proposals of both clubs, who were invited to agree a date and decided on December 18.
“It has also analysed a report from the RFEF Competitions Area as well as numerous reports submitted by La Liga, which are not binding.
“At today’s meeting, the Committee also analysed the latest reports from both clubs, who maintain their initial proposal to play the match on 18 December.”
It means Barcelona, who wanted the match to go ahead as originally planned this weekend, will face a testing few weeks before Christmas.
In December, they are already scheduled to play away at Atletico Madrid, Inter Milan in the Champions League and Real Sociedad, who sit fourth in La Liga.
Real Madrid will play away at Club Brugge in the Champions League and then Valencia, just before travelling to Barca.
But both clubs swiftly settled on Wednesday, December 18 last week, hours after being instructed to agree a new date by the RFEF.